Friday, March 5, 2010

My mom's birthday cake- March 5th

Grandma LaRene's Birthday Party-March 5th

This is my first attempt at a 3-D cake. I got the idea from the March 2010 Family Fun Magazine. Now that I succeeded in actually making a cake pretty and edible, I can't wait to design my own cakes. :) I made this cake for my mom's birthday party. Here are some shots of my helpers and the party:

Helper # 1 (Carson). I don't have a picture of my #2 helper (BreeAnna)

Helper #3 My Bob Dad :)

The grand finale

Our party guests/friends

Grandma making a wish

Grandma putting on her birthday queen crown from Phyllis Miller. Laurie Stone is her acting servant.

Grandma was kind enough to let Bree help unwrap her presents.

Grandma unwrapping her gifts.




7 comments:

Kylie Gardner said...

I love the cake! You are a natural. It's great to see pictures of everyone, too.

Heather said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Cute cake.

Faith Eshelman said...

It was a blast. Thanks. :)

Michelle said...

I'm totally impressed! What a fun day.

Chrystal said...

That is awesome! You did such a great job...I will have you help me with Kylers cake!

Tyann said...

Oh, what a cute cake. I love the barn! You did a great job. I also love the picture of your mom with the crown. Looks like you had a fun time!

Faith Eshelman said...

Definitely fun times. :) I'd love to help out Chrystal. I'm not promising anything, but I'd love to try. We've so got to get Tyann's fondant recipe and some gum paste. :)
We spent the night in Midway yesterday. There's a fun cake decorating shop up there. It was closed today, Monday, when we went to visit, but you could see some of the cakes from the window. A standing popcorn cake was shown (kind of like the one Tyann did) and some other fun cakes. I so want to take a trip up there sometime soon and take a better look. You're welcome to come with me, Chrystal. And you, Tyann, if you're visiting up here when we go. :_)